The Production Operations Analyst– Production Control will be responsible for the 24 x7 monitoring of PCA application processing along with managing all events impacting production processes, SLA’s and client satisfaction.
- Analysts will monitor production PCA processing in a 24 x 7 environment
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues in Production & Stage Environment involves log scanning, understanding interdependency between different applications
- Interfaces with the Development and Release management teams for managing releases of all PCA application and services into Production.
- Escalating issues as needed while communicating status and risks to management.
- Responsible for participating in Root Cause Analysis weekly call for production events and tracking completion of corrective actions items determined in the Root cause analysis.
- Responsible for continual improvements of client job scheduling and workload management
- Review the operational readiness of new products and services being transitioned into production environment.
Other Related Responsibilities
- Maintains production support documentation library ensuring documents are current, accurate, and available to appropriate groups
- Follows and supports IT business processes including change management, configuration management, and disaster recovery and business continuity
- Provides advanced support and direction for the integration of 3rd party systems or applications required to support the business
- Implements processes and procedures using the ITIL framework
- Works towards continual improvements of process and procedures with a goal of operational excellence.
- Other duties as assigned including active participation in Projects related to both the IT department and the company as a whole
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in an information technology environment, application maintenance & support, exposure on production support
- Experience in supporting the ITIL framework
- Demonstrable excellent troubleshooting and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work and support off hours
- Works with a sense of urgency
- Knowledge of Change Management and Event Management
- Knowledge of Linux Administration would be preferable
- Prior health plan operations experience helpful
- Prior Control-M software experience preferred but not mandatory
- Team player with strong desire to assist and share knowledge
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Professional with ability to properly handle confidential information
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits behaviors consistent with Cotiviti Values.
- Our Clients
- Our Team
- Performance Excellence
- Continuous Improvement
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience in Information Technologies
- 3+ years working in a Production Environment.
- On call availability – must be willing to carry cell phone and check email during off hours
- Must be able to sit and use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 20lbs without assistance; objects such as computer and peripheral equipment
- Flexible schedule to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Travel requirements low – although some travel may be necessary to out of state data center
Friday, March 3, 2023