The Network Engineer is responsible for developing, designing, planning and building Networks along with integrating networks with client networks. This position works with cross functional teams to communicate the engineering design plan in support of the development and deployment of network plans, upgrades and enhancements. Other duties as assigned.
Works with new architectures and product introduction to make them standard implemented solutions in the network. Assists other Network Engineering teams in the analysis and diagnosis of problems.
Remains current on IP and security products, standards and practices.
Monitors system performance and analyzes workload, including traffic and utilization trends..
Participates in multiple network projects simultaneously while maintaining daily operational excellence for all Cotiviti networks. Analyzes network security and threats, as well as, remediates LAN and WAN vulnerabilities by the use of industry leading tools.
Researches, tests, evaluates, and recommends telecommunications and data network systems. Seeks continual performance improvements within a highly secure environment.
Supports and maintains the highest network security level throughout the Cotiviti environment. Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent network administration and troubleshooting skills.
- Good Understanding and troubleshooting skills of TCP/IP, Switching &Routing protocols, Load balancing
- Knowledge and experience in HSRP, VLAN, QoS and other switching technologies
- Good Knowledge & Hands on experience on Palo Alto Firewalls and Cisco, Juniper
- Good Knowledge and experience on Meraki Wireless Cloud
- Ability to understand the design and provide suggestion for improvements
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and the ability to work with multiple geographically dispersed teams
- Excellent listening skills & ability to communicate clearly and fluently in English
- Strong team player with a constructive perspective and commitment to the success of the business
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent tasks with conflicting priorities
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices.
- Ability to quickly learn technologies and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of IT staff inside and outside the organization
- Pro-actively monitor the network infrastructure and react to any problem round the clock.
- Strong Knowledge on Network Routing, Switching
- Routing Protocols, BGP, EIGRP/OSPF
- Switching SVI(VLANs), Ether Channel, MSTP, LACP
- Cisco Routers -- 7200, 9200,9300,
- Firewalls – Palo Alto, Cisco ASA,
- Security -- IDS, IPS
- VPN – Site to Site, DM VPN, SSL VPN
- Switches -- Nexus 9K/7K/2K, Cisco 6500/9200
- WLAN – Meraki
- Cisco ACI using Spine-Leaf
CCNA / CCNP