The Database Engineer will work with a team of Database Developers in a Scrum/Agile environment to develop and implement solutions, achieve efficiency gains, investigate and solve problems, and automate repetitive tasks. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of monitoring and maintaining data quality in an enterprise database cluster and its related software ecosystem.
- Works closely with Scrum team and stakeholders to design, build, and maintain core ETL systems, with a focus on data quality and monitoring.
- Conducts regression testing and writes scripts as needed.
- Interprets user requirements, updates, creates, publishes and implements test plans for both manual and automation testing.
- Documents testing results and coordinates with developers on test issues.
- Communicates test results with Scrum team members and facilities meetings as needed with multiple levels of personnel.
- Documents and submits status reports.
- Provides guidance and training to more junior team members.
- Analyzes the existing database query sets and makes recommendations for more efficient designs.
- Assist with database schema design and query tuning.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire technology stack - hardware, software, application and network – and engage with the appropriate team(s), seeing issues through to resolution
- Automate repetitive tasks such as data validation, bug testing, UI testing
- Deep understanding of Vertica, Redshift or similar MPP technologies
- Experience with ETL Development tools like Talend. Informatica or Pentaho
- Experience with testing automation and data quality analysis
- Strong command of at least one scripting language (Python, bash, or similar) and one programming language (such as Java, C++, R, VisualBasic)
- Some experience in database and systems administration
- Knowledge of Agile software development, preferably with experience working on a scrum team
- Ability to collaborate effectively, communicate clearly, learn quickly, and share ideas
- A willingness to work outside one’s comfort zone and proactively learn new skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, a foreign equivalent of these degrees, or relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of working experience in computer engineering, system/data analysis and/or database programming. The ideal candidate will also have experience with cloud technology, at least one ETL tool (Talend, Pentaho, or similar), and Data Warehousing concepts and designs.
- Scrum/Agile certification, or experience working on a Scrum/Agile team (Desired)
- Tableau and US Healthcare domain knowledge (Desired)
Sunday, September 26, 2021