The Windows Administrator’s role is to manage software systems, servers, storage devices and network connections to ensure high availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Manage virtual and physical servers with Windows Server 2008 – 2016
- Server patching with SCCM 2012 along with vulnerability management
- Manage Active Directory
- Manage the physical and virtual environment (VMware/Hyper-V)
- Have familiarity with MS SQL server, windows clustering, domain controller setup, and group policy
- Ensure the security of the server infrastructure by implementing industry best-practices regarding privacy,
- security, and regulatory compliance.
- Develop and maintain documentation about current environment setup, standard operating procedures, and best practices.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices
- Perform and test routine system backups and restores.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and correct hardware and software issues on servers. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Practice server asset management, including maintenance of server component inventory and related
- documentation and technical specifications information.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware upgrades, patches and reconfigurations.
- Develop required reports in response to business user and management needs.
- Manage vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure software products and services
- Manage the physical environment of the server racks including cable management, documentation, labeling,
- and configuration of KVM switching for console and remote access.
- Build and deploy new servers on the network as needed.
- Have familiarity with NAS and SAN storage management, and MS DFS
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) preferred (or equivalent experience in Information Technologies).
- 4+ years working in a relevant role
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft, Virtualization & Cloud applications/infrastructure.
- Capable of resolving critical software and hardware issues in a time sensitive manner, cognizant of requisite service levels.
- Must have flexibility and willingness to participate in the work processes of an international organization, including conference calls scheduled to accommodate global time zones.
- Must be fluent with Windows networking, advanced desktop support, and have significant work experience or certifications in the following:
- Microsoft Active Directory 2008, 2012 & 2016
- Microsoft file and print services
- Microsoft Office 2016 & O365
- Microsoft Systems Management Server - SCCM 2012
- Familiarity with Mac OS (including mobile devices) and MDM solutions
- Strong understanding of Network Infrastructure is required
- Microsoft 7/8 &10
- Microsoft Windows Clustering
- Networking skills, including LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, etc.
- Maximo, HP, Dell & UCS Servers and VMWare
- Exposure to Virtual Desktop environments is a plus
- Linux / Citrix knowledge preferred
Monday, September 27, 2021