PRINCIPLE PURPOSE OF JOB
Provide support and administration for storage and backup technologies with a primary focus on scripting and automation. Storage Administrators ensure the operational capabilities of storage systems by accomplishing MACs (moves, adds, changes) to existing hardware and software, providing a path of escalation for complex or high-risk IT requests, diagnosing issues, and working assigned projects.
- Storage Scripting and Automation
- Drive automation at multiple layers of the storage technology stack. Design, test, and deploy effective automation solutions with a goal to automate and simplify daily tasks. Leverage API integration to develop automated reports and operational dashboards. Provide scripting knowledge transfer for team members.
- Storage Administration and Support
- Perform all aspects of storage and backup administration including planning, installation, upgrading, patching, tuning, support and troubleshooting. Develop quality documentation of technical processes and procedures. Ensure documentation is sufficient to yield reproducible results. Assist in the architecture of storage arrays to provide a highly scalable, highly available storage infrastructure for business-critical applications. Identify improvements to operational capabilities.
- Provide escalated technical support. Monitor and complete tickets in assigned queues. Document all tickets and project work. Provide after hours on-call support. Participate in after-hours maintenance. Keep IT management apprised of critical issues and risks to project completion. Track and complete assigned IT projects. Complete tasks in a timely and quality fashion. Adhere to implementation, quality control, and change control standards.
ATTRIBUTES AND BEHAVIOR
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others
- Shares ideas and information
- Assists colleagues unconditionally
- Takes pride in the achievement of team objectives
- Has credibility with peers and senior managers
- Self-motivated – driven to achieve results
- Works with a sense of urgency
- High customer service ethic – is passionate about meeting customer expectations and improving service levels
- Keeps pace with change – acquires knowledge/skills as the business evolves
- Handles confidential information with sensitivity
- Exhibits behaviors consistent with Cotiviti Values
- Customer-driven | Collaborative | Open | Accountable
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) preferred (or equivalent experience in Information Technologies) or 4 to 9 years working in storage administration with a focus on operational excellence and process automation
- Extensive experience with scripting technologies including PowerShell, Python, and Ansible
- Deep understanding of storage and server virtualization technologies as well as hyperconverged infrastructure
- Experience with SAN, NAS, and Backup technologies:
- Hitachi, Dell EMC, Nimble, Pure, Oracle ZFS
- SAN Fabric administration and maintenance (Brocade, Cisco MDS)
- Managing and monitoring a backup environment leveraging enterprise backup technologies including Commvault, Rubrik, and Veritas
- Multipathing (MPIO) technologies on various platforms (Windows/Linux/Solaris).
- Fiber Channel and iSCSI Block Storage Protocols, CIFS and NFS File Storage Protocols
- Knowledge of database technologies, including MSSQL, Oracle RAC, ASM, RMAN, and experience supporting enterprise database applications including optimal storage configurations.
- Knowledge and experience with cloud technologies is a plus
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and adaptive capacity for rapidly changing priorities and workloads
- Ability to work well independently and maintain focus on a topic for prolonged periods of time
- Comfort in working with team members that are remote and located in the US, India or other geographies
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
- Must be willing to carry a cell phone, be on-call and occasionally work odd hours to help meet service level agreements
- Complete all special projects and other duties as assigned
- Ability to work seated at a computer for long periods of time
- Ability to adapt to changing shift schedules
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change as the needs of Cotiviti and requirements of the job change.