- Coordinate Database support, standards, and architecture across our enterprise
- Manage relational and non-relational databases hosted in Linux platform through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure, maintain, and design database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Perform data modeling, database design, master data management, SQL Performance tuning and data profiling in a large-scale OLTP and OLAP database environments
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Plan, build, deploy and maintain enterprise OLTP and OLAP based EDW platforms and services. This includes proactive monitoring and tracking, and relevant data analysis and reporting.
- Pro-active and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of database related issues in support of critical day-to-day business operations.
- Responsible for establishing and enforcing consistent database standards, access protocols, profiling and benchmarking, and development, execution, and measurement of effective service level agreements.
- Responsible for database capacity planning and efficient utilization of database resources based on performance, growth and utilization trends, including documentation of same.
- Responsible for ensuring high availability (>99.0%) of critical database systems and services and development, implementation and testing of failover and recovery plans for all critical database systems.
- Participates in the setting of objectives, strategies, plans, programs, performance standards/measures and procedures, as a member of the IT leadership team.
- Participate in on-call system administration support including but not limited to weekends, holidays and after-business hours as required to service the needs of the business.
- Develop and implement plans for database consolidation where needed
- Work with end users for special requests and new setups
- Provide mentoring and guidance to junior technical team members.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5-8+ years of experience managing database servers and databases
- 2+ years in database architecture role, assisting with creating database designs that are performant and running on Oracle Exadata systems compatible with applications
- Comfortable in an Enterprise Leadership role for Database Platforms
- Prior good experience with recent and newer versions of database platforms, database virtualization, clustering, always-on availability, replications and database backup and recovery solutions.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and 3rd party troubleshooting tools
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experienced in writing SQL queries and some ANSI SQL preferred
- Knowledge of batch, Perl, C and/or other scripting languages
- Ability to organize and plan work with team and independently
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication and teamwork skills with strong customer service orientation
- Knowledge of formal information security standards and best practices, including database system hardening, identity management and database access controls. Knowledge of HIPAA and PCI standards a plus.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to track and report progress against established milestones, metrics and deliverables.
- Positive attitude, ability to work in a team and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and willing to learn other database technologies (Oracle, Vertica, Postgres, AWS RDS, Snowflake)
- Any relevant database certifications will be advantage
- Prior experience demonstrated thorough knowledge and progressively responsible experience in implementation and maintenance of large-scale OLTP and OLAP systems in mission-critical environments including, but not limited to, Oracle 12c/19c, Oracle RAC, Oracle Grid Control, Exadata Machine Administration, Data Pump, Data Guard, Oracle Golden Gate, Oracle Directory Services, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Cloud Control.
Friday, March 3, 2023