The Enterprisel Architect implements and governs technical architecture development and provides architectural leadership and guidance to align IT solutions and development organization with the needs of the Enterprise. A Enterprise Architect’s skills and knowledge must span multiple architecture domains (e.g. Application/solution architecture, Technical/Infrastructure architecture, Information/Data Architecture & Business Architecture) to ensure balanced solutions. As an IT leader a Enterprise Architect is expected to influence the organization and work independently with senior business and IT leaders while acting as a mentor and role model. This involves vision, leadership, execution, excellent communication skills and the ability to work on different levels (operational through to tactical) in a complex and technical environment.
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
• Leader in translating corporate strategy into solution architectures & architecture roadmaps in collaboration with other architects.
• Develop and evangelize a vision with regards to IT trends, Business trends and Technology.
• Drive technology vision through management of technology and architecture roadmaps.
• Evaluate new technologies, external products and designs to for their applicability to specific projector roadmap requirements.
• Enable supported business units to achieve their goals in an economical, scalable and supportable way.
• Manage Risk for the business by overseeing technical debt, audit, and compliance needs to ensure appropriate portfolio allocation and effective risk mitigation.
• Establish and maintain technology standards.
• Drive technical designs to consensus and approval.
• Help lead the creation or evolution of the enterprise architecture function/program.
• Identify business vision and needs to ensure software design meets those needs.
• Consult with product teams to fit products to enterprise architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture to accommodate product needs.
• Complete all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
• Complete all special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent
• 10+ years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as Application/solution architecture,
Technical/Infrastructure architecture, Information/Data Architecture & Business Architecture) in
a multitier enterprise environment.
• 5+ years directly leading through architecture & software design.
• 5+ years leading development or product management teams.
• 5+ years working in a global resource model.
• 2+ years of cross cultural experience.
• 2+ years working in an Agile Model.
• Experience leveraging continuous delivery practices to bring value to the business.
• Experience using open source technologies to satisfy enterprise requirements.
• Experience with multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
• Firsthand experience with designing and building highly-available, mission critical large scale
web applications in both front end and back end.
• Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
• Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual
• Ability to translate business needs into architecture requirements.
• Ability to articulate advanced technical topics to both technical and non-technical staff.
• Ability to articulate business issues/concerns with staff, peers, superiors, and outside parties
• Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems.
• Prior hands-on experience with multiple programming languages.
• Prior hands-on experience with greenfield software development.
• Ability to estimate the financial impact of architecture alternatives.
• Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
• Understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate the politics.
• Ability to influence with impact and lead across matrixed organizations.
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent analytical and technical skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Professional with ability to properly handle confidential information.
• Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Must be able to sit and use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs without assistance.
• Must have ability to positively handle/manage stress, such as high work volume and frequent
• After hours / weekend work required where necessary for major deliverables/deadlines (not
• Must have flexibility and willingness to participate in the work processes of an international
organization, including conference calls scheduled to accommodate global time zones.
• Travel, up to 25%; Must be eligible to travel internationally, if required.