The primary focus of a Systems Administrator is to support and administer technology infrastructure and provide advanced technical support. Systems Administrators ensure the operational capabilities of systems and storage by accomplishing MACs (moves, adds, changes) to existing hardware and software, providing a path of escalation for complex or high-risk IT requests, diagnosing issues, and working assigned projects.
- System Monitoring and Documentation
Review and manage automated infrastructure monitoring systems. Review allocation of systems and storage to identify usage trends. Keep IT management apprised of system and storage capacity needs. Develop quality documentation of technical processes and procedures. Document all ticket and project work. Ensure documentation is sufficient to yield reproducible results. Identify and close any gaps in the existing documentation of the infrastructure. Identify improvements to operational capabilities. Recommend improvements to systems and to IT support process. Recommend implementation standards.
- System Support
Provide escalated technical support. Monitor and complete tickets in assigned queues. Provide after hours on-call support. Participate in after-hours maintenance. Keep IT management apprised of critical issues and risks to project completion. Track and complete assigned IT projects. Complete tasks in a timely and quality fashion. Adhere to implementation, quality control, and change control standards.
ATTRIBUTES AND BEHAVIOR
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others
- Shares ideas and information
- Assists colleagues unprompted
- Takes pride in the achievement of team objectives
- Has credibility with peers and senior managers
- Self-motivated – driven to achieve results
- Works with a sense of urgency
- High customer service ethic – is passionate about meeting customer expectations and improving service levels
- Keeps pace with change – acquires knowledge/skills as the business evolves
- Handles confidential information with sensitivity
- Exhibits behaviors consistent with Cotiviti Values
- Customer-driven | Collaborative | Open | Accountable
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) preferred (or equivalent experience in Information Technologies).
- 4 to 9 years working in a systems administration with a focus on operational excellence and process automation.
- Experience with multiple technologies, processes and environments with a proven ability to execute against project plans. Subject matter competency in areas such as Microsoft servers, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, DFS, Cluster, storage, and information security.
- Familiarity and experience with industry standard administration tools and methodologies. High subject matter competency in areas such as Microsoft servers, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, DFS, Cluster, storage, and information security. Ability to manage situations of catastrophic failure or of a high risk and critical nature.
- Excellent logical troubleshooting ability. Demonstrated strong analysis, problem resolution, judgment and decision-making skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Demonstrable ability to collaborate with team members and IT management. Excellent customer service skills. Excellent organization and documentation skills.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and adaptive capacity for rapidly changing priorities and workloads
- Ability to work well independently and maintain focus on a topic for prolonged periods of time
- Comfort in working with team members that are remote and located in the US, India or other geographies
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
- Flexible schedule to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Ability to work seated at a computer for long periods of time
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change as the needs of Cotiviti and requirements of the job change.